UK Woman Sickened by Norovirus From Oysters Despite Not Eating Them
A British woman was recently sickened with norovirus from oysters, although she hadn’t eaten any. It turns out that she got the infection from a friend who got it from eating the oysters.
Natalie Dye, 49, of Esher, Surrey, reportedly dined at a restaurant with friends after a seaside holiday and consciously avoided eating any oysters, the specialty of the house.
When her friend who had eaten the oysters became ill within 24 hours with vomiting and diarrhea, Dye felt sorry for…