Lab confirms norovirus in Chipotle customer; at least 60 sick

July 21, 2017

An announcement by local health officials that they have identified at least 60 people who became sick after eating at a Chipotle Mexican Grill location in Virginia this past weekend combined with a viral video of rodents in a Dallas location Thursday to drive the company’s stock to a four-year low.

At least one of the customers of the Sterling, VA, Chipotle restaurant has tested positive for norovirus, according to David Goodfriend, director of the Loudoun County Public Health Department. The investigation is ongoing, but the restaurant reopened Wednesday. Chipotle voluntarily closed the location for cleaning on Monday.

“This provides