Hepatitis A Warning for Customers of Original Joe’s in Strathmore, Alberta

June 23, 2015

Diners who recently ate at Original Joe’s in Strathmore, Alberta, are being warned by Alberta Health Services that a kitchen worker tested positive for Hepatitis A, a contagious virus that can be transmitted via food, according to Canada’s CBC News.

Patrons who ate at the restaurant and bar between June 9 and 19, 2015, may have been exposed to the virus and are encouraged to receive a vaccine from a healthcare provider. Getting vaccinated within two weeks of exposure often prevents symptoms from developing.

The health department said that diners face a low risk of infection, but they still encourage…