Health director reports Chipotle employees were infected

July 25, 2017

With at least 135 customers of a Virginia Chipotle Mexican Grill reporting they became ill after eating there July 13-16, the corporation is said to be “taking care of” the victims.

Chipotle founder Steve Ells posted this photo of himself when he announced food safety measures for the burrito chain that he said would make it “the safest place to eat” following several foodborne illness outbreaks in 2015.

Lab results from tests of two customers have confirmed they were sickened by the same strain of norovirus, a highly contagious pathogen that is easily transmitted through food, which can become contaminated